Smart Cooking is the company through which Cory and I found our passion for Thai food! It’s one of the many cooking schools available up in the Chiang Mai area and while I haven’t been to any of the other schools, I’m going to recommend this one above all of them. It was an amazing experience!
For about $30 U.S. dollars you get the following:
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel
- Train ticket (and beautiful ride) to a local town
- Bicycle ride to the cooking studio (a quaint little house)
- Opportunity to learn about Thai herbs and pick your own from the organic garden on site
- Personal instruction on cooking six different dishes and one curry paste (all of your own selection)
- Great company from both the Thai instructor and your classmates
- Beer service! They’ll even do a beer run so you have something to drink while you eat your yummy food!
All in all, this was a fantastic experience. Cory and I both agree that this was by far the best thing that we did on our trip. If you’re ever in Thailand, specifically Chiang Mai, I would highly insist you check them out!
You can find them online at http://www.chiangmaismartcook.com!